20110615

stop questioning God.

Something that I have learned to stop doing: questioning God.

I'm telling you, there have been countless times that I've sat back, analyzed a situation and had no choice but to be completely real with myself and with God. "God, really I don't understand what you're doing here." "Lord, I am genuinely confused. Your word says that we can ask you for wisdom, well I'm asking that you please supply it to me in abundance because I need some understanding." I've come to realize, in retrospect that is, that I usually think that I know what is best for me when I truly don't. There's been so many situations and individuals that I have sown myself into through my own will -- not God's and I reaped accordingly. Fruitless. I have had to learn, and I urge every believe to learn, first of all, to seek God's Will in everything that you do. That's first and foremost. As basic and cliche as it may sound, it literally will save you so much hassle down the line. Ask Holy Spirit for guidance. Secondly, don't question God. The word clearly states:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are you ways my ways," declares the Lord,"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9


Translation:

Sometimes we're not going to understand. We simply will not understand. But knowing that you have the grace of God in your life -- knowing that you are living under a promise and a covenant that God literally cannot break -- should ease your mind a bit. Knowing that God loves you, he has a perfect will and plan for your life builds the faith that you need to trust him -- no matter what confusion may be taking place in your life. Living a God-centered life is truly all about trust. Once you trust God, your life becomes a bit more care and worry-free.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Stop questioning God and start trusting him. I promise you'll see an immediate change in your walk.

Remember: Romans 8:28

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

No comments:

Post a Comment