20100717

life & death

I'm not sure what this post is going to turn into, like usual, I didn't do much planning or put much thought in to this prior to clicking 'new post'.

The power of positive thinking -- and subsequently speaking positively -- is one thing that I stand firm on. I have noticed over the years that a lot of people either grasp on to the concept as undeniable truth or they dismiss it completely, not much in between. This is one of those things that I feel as though I could talk about for hours simply because I've seen the fruit and evidence of it in my own life for years. I drop a lot of knowledge on this blog but never, ever do I claim to feel as though I have all of the answers but I do put my confidence in God, knowing that he indeed does. Having faith in God is having faith in the Word of God. If he said it, it is so. God cannot lie.

God is not a man, that he should lie,
nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?
Numbers 23:19 (NIV)

If you can believe that then how can you NOT believe in the Word? Not only is God a "man"( for lack of a better word) of his word but he is the Word. If you have no faith in the Bible, how can you adequately say you have faith in God? That literally is impossible to do considering that they are one in the same.

In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
John 1:1 (NIV)

I wasn't expecting to go down that route but I just write as I feel led. So, with that being said: If the Word gives scripture upon scripture about the power that the words coming out of your mouth have I would think that it is safe to say that God puts emphasis on it for a reason. Simply put, there is life and death in the power of the tongue.

The tongue can bring death or life;
those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
Proverbs 18:21 (NLV)

When people hear the word "consequence" the often equate it to something negative. However, consequence, by definition is "an action that logically or naturally follows from an action or condition". God has laid the two possible consequences on the table, plain and simple: life or death.

This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you,
that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.
Deuteronomy 30:19 (NIV)

When the option is laid in front of you: life or death -- we should of course choose the most favorable of the two..that being life. For those naysayers that will argue that this is impossible, not true, silly to "monitor" your words, or the words coming out of your mouth don't have a real impact on your life the only thing that I can give them is scriptures to help guide them.

And I tell you this,
you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak.
Matthew 12:36

I honestly am not much of a debater, if someone doesn't believe something I'm never the one to beat them over the head in attempt to GET them to understand. That can sometimes be a negative thing, this I know. Especially, if a person is not operating in faith or does not believe the Word of God then honestly, what can I really expect? But, like I said, for those of us who do believe in the Word but just don't have full revelation knowledge -- I gladly share what I understand.

The words of the godly are a life-giving fountain,
the words of the wicked conceal violent intentions.
Proverbs 10:11 (NLV)

Don’t use foul or abusive language.
Let everything you say be good and helpful,
so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
Ephesians 4:29 (NLV)

It's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you;
you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth."
Matthew 15:11 (NLV)

For the Scriptures say,
"If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days,
keep your tongue from speaking evil,
and your lips from telling lies.
1 Peter 3:10 (NLV)

Please realize the power that you hold in your tongue. You have the power to speak life or to speak death to any situation that you encounter. So you may be wondering then, what should you be speaking exactly? Speak God's Word. Speak faith. If you have faith in God then what comes out of your mouth should reflect that. For example, If you get a negative report about your health from the doctor you can

1. speak death by claiming the sickness and disease, by stating that it is God's Will for you to be sick (it is never God's Will for anyone to die or be sick & it bothers me immensely when I hear people say this.), by saying/believing that you are going to die, etc, etc, etc

or

2.speak the Word -- speak life, "By Jesus' strips, I am healed (Isa. 53:5)-- because the Word of God says so." "I will live and not die & proclaim what the Lord has done for me (Ps. 118:17).

That is just one example but this literally can be applied to any area of your life. You have the ability to speak things in and out of existence in your life.

Call those things that be not as though they were...
(Romans 4:17)

I tell you the truth,you can say to this mountain,
‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’and it will happen.
But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart.
I tell you, you can pray for anything,
and if you believe that you’ve received it,it will be yours.
Mark 11:23-24 (NLV)

Your words should line up with what is found in the Word. If the Bible calls you are blessed beyond measure, you are blessed beyond measure. If the Bible calls you the righteousness of God through Christ, you are righteous. If the Bible says God will protect you, he will. If the Bible says you can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you, then you can. If the Bible says that God will bless you with an abundant life, that God will never leave nor foresake you, that....etc etc etc ...then believe it because the Word says so, which means God says so.

Like I stated earlier, God cannot lie. If he said it, it will come to past. We need to make sure that we speak LIFE to our situations, speak positively regardless of the natural circumstances. Anyone can look at the outward situation & make a logical judgement (i.e. this situation is horrible) but in all honesty, faith & logic do not go hand-in-hand.

We live by faith, not by sight.
2 Corinthians 5:7

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

Faith causes you to disregard the natural circumstance, which may be indeed negative, and put your faith in God. Faith causes you to rise above life's circumstances by knowing that your help comes from God. If you have faith in God and his Word then the words coming from your mouth should reflect the words God has said. Choose to speak life, not death to your situations and watch your life change.

This post definitely ended up longer than I had intended it to be but eh *shrug*. I don't like to feel like I'm "preaching" at people on my blog but uh....yeah, it is what it is today lol. I don't like to throw things out there without scripture reference to back it up...like I said earlier, I never claim to have all of the answers so I will never try to pretend like I do -- I can only share with you guys what I have knowledge on and that's what I will continue to do.

"My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge..."
Hosea 4:6


No comments:

Post a Comment