20090523

desire.

This the first poem that I have written in years [thanks Brittany for the inspiration!]. It's meant to be a spoken word poem so that is why it's broken up the way it is.











Desire.


I never knew that desire,
Could -- feel so strong. That I could…
Disregard my morals,
And willingly string myself along.
So consumed with this want,
I imagine that with you’s where I belong. And…
Just one of your sweet smiles,
Simply eradicates this wrong.


See, just one of those dimpled smiles,
Turned this, undeniable wrong into an -- unmistakable right. And your…
Inspiration touches me so deep,
That it’s guiding this pen as I write. Yes…
Clinging these pillows firm to my chest, You are…
Who I’m longing to embrace at night. And your...
Intellect stimulates much more than my mind,
Now I’m wrestling with emotion that I’ve never had to fight.


See, I never ran across any guy who…
Seemingly cares about my every endeavor, Whose…
Ambitious lifestyle motivates my own, And..
…got me thinking like I’m a go-getter. Whose…
Patience with my purity,
Has me, lusting for the opposite like I don’t know better and...
Whose simple smiley-faced text,
Can make me smile as though reading a love letter.


See, I never knew they existed,
Til, fate intervened and I … stumbled ‘cross you.
And yea, such little time has passed, But it…
Only takes one lasting impression to create something new.And now my…
Thinking has changed and my soul you have moved.
And see, we both know this shit is wrong. We just…
Choose to play this game of oblivion as we look past the truth.
So, I’ve got to let it go –
These feelings and emotions that I’ve cultivated and grew. Because…
In the same way that I’ve got this desire for you,
I’m sure you keep ‘wifey’ feeling the same way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment