20090516

f e a r .


Accidents. Rejection. Swine Flu. Failure. Murder. Poverty. The future?


Sooo, it definitely can be a bit overwhelming sometimes – thinking that in a few years I’m gonna be out on my own, in the real world, and starting a family of my own. So many different possible roads and paths – what to expect, what to expect? On top of that, we turn on the news each night only to be bombarded with horrifying stories, leading to a bunch of “OMGs”and “what ifs”. Often we fear the future and what will become of us – it’s natural to wonder, but not healthy to fear. Fear only means that there is a lack of trust in God. It’s a lot easier than you think to start getting wrapped up in fear and not even realize it, though. (For example, you watch a scary movie about a psycho serial killer – then something simple like walking through the dark or sitting in the house alone leaves you feeling on edge and paranoid. Hmm. ) But think about it this way, it says in the Bible that God cares for the birds of the air, so how much more will He provide for His own children?

"So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows" Matthew 10:31

One of the most powerful scriptures that exemplifies the power of trusting in God is Psalms 56:11 which says : “In God I trust, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” Regardless of what is happening around us, we need to make sure that we truly know and understand the power of God. The key to overcoming fear is having faith enough to completely trust in Him. It is turning to God even in the worse circumstances, darkest times – or whatever and trusting Him, knowing that his hand of protection is on your life regardless. Once we have learned to put our trust in God, we will no longer be afraid of the things that are to come in our future. But one thing for sure, is we have to realize that the weapons may be formed against us, but God’s Word assures us that no weapon will prosper against us. The Bible is God’s Word and God says that He is not a man that He should lie. So trust Him.


“Do not fear for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about you for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10
random ramblings @ this time in the morning *sigh* my body clock is so off.

No comments:

Post a Comment